Saturday, November 26, 2005

How I invented...The Michael Jackson song Libirian Girl to raise awareness about African politics

Funny story really I was Ironing a newspaper wearing just my underpants and saw a headline about a civil war in Liberia. I thought to myself, there must be an easier way of getting by in life without resorting to bloodshed. I stopped ironing and sat by my drawing board for about 25 minutes and thought why not just write a song to show that girls from libereria can change your world and love can solve everything, perhaps it will put Liberia on the map so western society can ask its self some questions about why it ignores african politics. It did not really work so I made a George Weah instead, it was working really well till he lost the election to a woman. Come to think of it, its not really that funny.

No comments: